- The report is published by Joneslanglasalle (JLL). JLL is a leading professional services firm that expert in real estate and investment management. The report covers 131 major established and emerging markets and discovers cities that have the most powerful short-term economic and real estate market momentum. It does so by tracking a range of socio-economic and commercial real estate indicators over a three-year period to identify the urban economies and real estate markets undergoing the most rapid expansion. The city index presents a weighted overall score for the sub-scores of 20 variables. For each variable, the model computes a score based on the city’s performance relative to the distribution of all 131 city regions, scaled from zero to one. The top scoring city has a value of 1.
- Silicon Valley of India Bangalore is the World’s most dynamic city among 131 major established and emerging business hubs globally as stated by sixth CMI 2019.
- Bangalore is followed by Hyderabad.
- Other than these cities Delhi ranks fourth, Pune fifth and Chennai seventh featuring into 10 cities. At 15th position, Kolkata is the sixth Indian city ranked amongst the top 20.
- 19 out of the top 20 countries are from Asia-Pacific. This shows the region’s rapid urbanisation and strong economic growth.
- A key theme in this year’s index is of many of the top-ranking cities having a robust technology and innovation system.
- Both Bangalore and Hyderabad have thriving information technology and start-up culture which helped them top the rankings.
- Asia continues to show string momentum, with cities that are prosperously expanding their renovation economy punching above their weight in terms of attracting capital, companies and people.
- Top five Countries:
Read the complete list of reports and India's rank here
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here